Dignified Idiots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dignified Idiots

We are a mature but small community which welcomes mature players.We have a Teamspeak2 servers, so ask and Admin in-game for the Ip address, or message an Admin through steam friends.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» add fans facebook xl
Understanding Gmod EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:34 pm by Guest

» buying facebook fans f6
Understanding Gmod EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 am by Guest

» joining DI
Understanding Gmod EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 9:44 am by lostsoul884

» new forum!!!
Understanding Gmod EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 am by yaaweehoo

» Some concern.
Understanding Gmod EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:45 pm by pRince

» Yaaweehoo.....
Understanding Gmod EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm by pRince

» Llamma BAN ON SIGHT
Understanding Gmod EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:31 am by yaaweehoo

» .:Powers:.
Understanding Gmod EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 am by Teh_Landshark

» Tom's Memer app
Understanding Gmod EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 2:24 pm by yaaweehoo

Affiliates
free forum

Super admin request

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:19 am by Danny

Hi, i think i would be a good super admin because i rekon im a good admin and i play on the server quite alot. I think there needs to be more super admins to keep the seriously idoitic people out of the server.

Thanks for reading

Danny ^^

Comments: 10

forum - admin

Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:57 am by yaaweehoo

Can i hast my colour back D: im black/grey

Comments: 1

Admin Request

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:32 pm by Teh_Landshark

hai guys. Im here to apply for admin. If you've seen me around you should know that i am a responcible and smart person. also ive been going on the server often. As admin i would not abuse my powers and keep mingebags out. However i TRY to give people a chance.

If i cant be an admin tell me why at least. And i'll eventully try again.

Comments: 5

You are not connected. Please login or register

Understanding Gmod

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Understanding Gmod Empty Understanding Gmod Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Nikoli

Nikoli
Admin
Admin

What is Gmod?

Garry's Mod is a mod for the famous game called Half-Life 2, it allows the user to manipulate props with a gun called the 'Physgun' or the 'Physics gun'.

What is this physics gun?

The physics gun allows you to move, freeze, and rotate props.

What else is there?

There is also the Tool Gun, it is used to perform tasks such as: Welding, making ropes, making winches, axis, making a motor, and so on.

What is Garry's Mod for?

Garry's Mod allows the user to experiment with props in a place called a 'map', players can make maps.
It is a physics sandbox, originally a modification with the name of Garry's Mod 9, which used to and is free.
Today, we have Garry's Mod 10, it has way more features than Garry's Mod 9, although you have to pay for it.

Do I need anything for it?

A game that uses the Source Engine should be ok.

What games can I use for props?

Team fortress 2, Half-life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Portal, Half-life 2: Episode One, Half-life 2: Episode Two, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-life 2: Deathmatch, Half-life 2: Lost Coast.

So do I buy the game and build?

No! You can install great addons such as Phoenix storm's model pack, Wiremod, Dismemberment Mod 1.9, and the list continues.

Cool how do I get it?

Buy it from steam
www.steampowered.com

Information under this note is from www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garry's_Mod

Custom content

Garry's Mod features an implementation of Lua, which allows users to create their own weapons, entities, game modes and other modifications. These game modes can completely change the genre of the game. Some examples are Roleplay, Stranded, SpaceBuild, Melonracer and Zombie Survival. Game servers for Garry's Mod will automatically send any custom content running on them to the client when they are joined (providing the server has been told to send the client the file through Lua[3]) The game has an website for these community creations.
Another example of a mod for Garry's Mod is WireMod, an add-on implemented in the physics sandbox as objects and components which can be used to add increased functionality to existing contraptions and objects built within the game. The components range from simple buttons and lamps to expression gates, CPUs, hydraulics and many others. An example of a contraption built using WireMod would be a smooth elevator (one that does not move so fast the player is thrown about) or a drivable car which does not require use of the numpad. Advanced contraptions like autopiloting aircraft or laser-guided rockets are also possible.
The Phoenix-Storms Model Pack is a pack which includes many geometric objects (such as cylinders, cuboids and plane parts) to allow more precise building.

END

Hope you liked it.

2Understanding Gmod Empty Re: Understanding Gmod Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 pm

pRince

pRince
WebMaster
WebMaster

awesome mate, keep up all the good work.

https://dignifiedidiots.darkbb.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]